James M. Giunta, M.C.I.S, M.H.
My original interest in Hypnosis was as a way of helping myself to achieve my goals. As I began my studies I decided to make this fascinating field my vocation as well as my avocation. I continue to consult many sources and work in many areas, uncovering new knowledge that I share with my many clients and colleagues. Hypnosis continues to amaze and instruct me every day of my life. No matter how much I learn and practice, it always seems as if a miracle is happening right there in our sessions.
My work experience includes training and teaching positions in both academic and corporate settings. As a life-long learner, I am constantly fascinated by discovering my clients’ learning styles and preferences; and how to deliver meaningful, progressive, and satisfying experiences for anyone who is committed to personal growth.
Hypnosis, Coaching, and Counseling are the culmination of my Life experiences and my Life’s work. I feel fortunate to be able to work in a field that is constantly fulfilling and exciting, and that my clients can achieve the results they seek. I look forward to every day that I can learn, grow, and help someone else to whatever extent that I can.
Certified by The Institute of Hypnotherapy
- Master Hypnotherapist (M.H.), 2009
- Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapist (A.C.H.), 2009
- Certified Hypnotherapist (C.Ht.), 2008
Certified by Hypnosis Motivation Institute
- Certified Hypnotherapist (C.Ht.), 2009
Certified by the Reiki Institute of America
- Reiki Master/Teacher, 2009
Graduated from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
- Master’s Degree in Communication and Information Studies (M.C.I.S.), 2000
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism (B.A.) 1995
I have conducted a private practice since 2008 assisting clients in achieving their personal goals in such areas as habit modification, stress reduction, overcoming fears and performance anxiety, test anxiety, increasing self-confidence and self-esteem, smoking cessation, weight loss, pain management, and more.
- International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association
- International Association of Counselors and Therapists
- International Hypnosis Research Institute
- International Hypnosis Federation
- American Board of Hypnotherapy
- American Hypnosis Association
- American Association of Professional Hypnotherapists
- National Guild of Hypnotists
- International Association of Reiki Practitioners
- Hands-On Trade Association
I attend three annual international therapy conferences every year, as well as seminars and workshops throughout the Greater New York area.
Personal Mission Statement
In this incarnation it is my mission to be a helpful, positive influence on all of those within my sphere, to practice kindness, and to Love as much as possible. I strive for personal growth and learn constantly through exploring other cultures, travel, and higher education.
As I continue to seek understanding, I will communicate interpersonally, as well as through music, journals, and publishing. Mine is the practice of excellence in every area of Life, in all personal and business endeavors, doing and getting the best I can get for myself and those I truly Love.
I maintain excellent health habits and sobriety, which will result in the essential energy, vitality, longevity I need to achieve greatness. And you can bet the farm that I’ll be attending to my affairs with all the humor and zany outrageousness that I can conjure, smiling joyously, and with loads of style, for that is a major part of my mission in Life.